MLP Fund, Inc. (NYSE: NTG)
|Fiscal Year 2017 Total:||$0.4225|
|Fiscal Year 2016 Total:||$1.6900|
|Fiscal Year 2015 Total:||$1.6900|
|Fiscal Year 2014 Total:||$1.68500|
|Fiscal Year 2013 Total:||$1.67250|
|Fiscal Year 2012 Total:||$1.6550|
|Fiscal Year 2011 Total:||$1.6375|
|Fiscal Year 2010 Total:||$0.36|
1Price of shares issued pursuant to company-sponsored dividend reimbursement plan. Amounts are rounded to the nearest whole cent.
Determining distributions to stockholders
Our portfolio generates cash flow from which we pay distributions to stockholders. Our Board of Directors has adopted a policy of declaring what it believes to be sustainable distributions. In determining distributions, our Board of Directors considers a number of current and anticipated factors, including, among others, distributable cash flow (DCF), realized and unrealized gains, leverage amounts and rates, current and deferred taxes payable, and potential volatility in returns from our investments and the overall market. While the Board of Directors considers many factors in determining distributions to stockholders, particular emphasis is given to DCF and distribution coverage. Distribution coverage is DCF divided by distributions paid to stockholders. Over the long term, we expect to distribute substantially all of our DCF to holders of common stock. Our Board of Directors reviews the distribution rate quarterly, and may adjust the quarterly distribution throughout the year.
DCF is income received from investments, less expenses. The income from investments includes the amount received by us as cash or paid-in-kind distributions from MLPs, affiliates of MLPs and common stock, and dividend payments on short-term investments. The total expenses include current or anticipated operating expenses, leverage costs and current income taxes. Current income taxes include taxes paid on net investment income of the Company, in addition to foreign taxes, if any. Taxes incurred from realized gains on the sale of investments, expected tax benefits and deferred taxes are not included in DCF.
As of 4/27/2017
- Market Price
- Distribution Rate1
- Annualized based on latest distribution received divided by the prior day's stock price. A portion of this distribution may be treated as return of capital for income tax purposes, although the ultimate characterization will not be made until after year-end.
- Tortoise Capital Advisors, L.L.C. Announces Release of the 2017 First Quarter Report for Closed-End Funds (TYG, NTG, TTP, NDP and TPZ)
- Tortoise MLP Fund, Inc. Provides Unaudited Balance Sheet Information and Asset Coverage Ratio Update as of March 31, 2017
- Tortoise MLP Fund, Inc. Provides Unaudited Balance Sheet Information and Asset Coverage Ratio Update as of Feb. 28, 2017
- Tortoise Capital Advisors Announces Distribution Amounts and Dates for Closed-End Funds (TYG, NTG, TTP, NDP, TPZ)
- Tortoise Capital Advisors Announces 2016 Closed-End Fund Tax Characterization of Distributions and Release of Combined Annual Report
- Tortoise MLP Fund, Inc. Provides Unaudited Balance Sheet Information and Asset Coverage Ratio Update as of Dec. 31, 2016
- Tortoise MLP Fund, Inc. Provides Unaudited Balance Sheet Information and Asset Coverage Ratio Update as of Nov. 30, 2016
- View more NTG Press Releases