Pipeline & Energy Fund, Inc. (NYSE: TTP)
|Fiscal Year 2017 Total:||$0.4075|
|Fiscal Year 2016 Total:||$1.6300|
|12/10/2014 Special Distribution||12/22/2014||12/24/2014||12/31/2014||0.1500||30.74||33.83||29.33|
|Fiscal Year 2015 Total:||$1.9500|
|Fiscal Year 2014 Total:||$1.6300|
|Fiscal Year 2013 Total:||$1.6300|
|Fiscal Year 2012 Total:||$1.62750|
1Price of shares issued pursuant to company-sponsored dividend reimbursement plan. Amounts are rounded to the nearest whole cent.
Distribution Policy: Tortoise Pipeline & Energy Fund, Inc. (TTP), with approval of its Board of Directors (the Board), has adopted a distribution policy (the Policy) with the purpose of distributing over the course of each year, through periodic distributions as nearly equal as practicable and any required special distributions, an amount closely approximating the total taxable income of TTP during such year and, if so determined by the Board, all or a portion of the return of capital paid by portfolio companies to TTP during such year. In accordance with its Policy, TTP distributes a fixed amount per common share, currently $0.4075, each quarter to its common shareholders. This amount is subject to change from time to time at the discretion of the Board. Although the level of distributions is independent of TTP's performance, TTP expects such distributions to correlate with its performance over time. Each quarterly distribution to shareholders is expected to be at the fixed amount established by the Board, except for extraordinary distributions in light of TTP's performance for the entire calendar year and to enable TTP to comply with the distribution requirements imposed by the Internal Revenue Code. The Board may amend, suspend or terminate the Policy without prior notice to shareholders if it deems such action to be in the best interests of TTP and its shareholders. For example, the Board might take such action if the Policy had the effect of shrinking TTP's assets to a level that was determined to be detrimental to TTP shareholders. The suspension or termination of the Policy could have the effect of creating a trading discount (if TTP’s stock is trading at or above net asset value), widening an existing trading discount or decreasing an existing premium.
You should not draw any conclusions about TTP's investment performance from the amount of the distribution or from the terms of TTP's distribution policy. TTP estimates that it has distributed more than its income and net realized capital gains; therefore, a portion of your distribution may be a return of capital. A return of capital may occur, for example, when some or all of the money that you invested in TTP is paid back to you. A return of capital distribution does not necessarily reflect TTP's investment performance and should not be confused with "yield" or "income." The amounts and sources of distributions reported are only estimates and are not being provided for tax reporting purposes. The actual amounts and sources of the amounts for tax reporting purposes will depend upon TTP's investment experience during the remainder of its fiscal year and may be subject to changes based on tax regulations. TTP will send you a Form 1099-DIV for the calendar year that will tell you how to report these distributions for federal income tax purposes.
As of 4/28/2017
- Market Price
- Distribution Rate1
- Annualized based on latest distribution received divided by the prior day's stock price. A portion of this distribution may be treated as return of capital for income tax purposes, although the ultimate characterization will not be made until after year-end.
- Tortoise Capital Advisors, L.L.C. Announces Release of the 2017 First Quarter Report for Closed-End Funds (TYG, NTG, TTP, NDP and TPZ)
- Tortoise Pipeline & Energy Fund, Inc. Provides Unaudited Balance Sheet Information and Asset Coverage Ratio Update as of March 31, 2017
- Tortoise Pipeline & Energy Fund, Inc. Provides Unaudited Balance Sheet Information and Asset Coverage Ratio Update as of Feb. 28, 2017
- Tortoise Pipeline & Energy Fund, Inc. Provides Section 19(a) Notice
- Tortoise Capital Advisors Announces Distribution Amounts and Dates for Closed-End Funds (TYG, NTG, TTP, NDP, TPZ)
- Tortoise Capital Advisors Announces 2016 Closed-End Fund Tax Characterization of Distributions and Release of Combined Annual Report
- Tortoise Pipeline & Energy Fund, Inc. Provides Unaudited Balance Sheet Information and Asset Coverage Ratio Update as of Dec. 31, 2016
- View more TTP Press Releases